We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
Due to our continued growth, we have multiple career opportunities for experienced Chemical Operators in our Morris, IL plant. This 320 acre facility is approximately 20 minutes from Joliet, IL and easily accessible to Interstate 80. We run both batch and continuous processing units.
Our Chemical Operators primary job responsibilities include:
• Operating reactors
• Handling chemicals and raw materials
• Loading and unloading
• Taking samples of product
• Ascending/descending stairs, ladders, tanks, railcars, and tank trucks.
• Pulling, pushing, and/or lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Walking uninterrupted for distance of up to ½ mile to access control building and evacuating the site in a timely manner during emergencies
• Reaching overhead, kneeling, and bending.
• Must be able to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to, hardhats, safety glasses, goggles, shields, earplugs, and safety shoes.
• Must be able to pass a Respirator Fit Test and don a respirator in all applicable operations.
• Must be committed to working and operating safely and follow all plant and company safety and environmental policies and procedures, as well as wearing all required personal protective equipment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment as well as function independently.
• Must be able to operate plant process equipment and instrumentation to produce products on time, utilizing standard operating procedures and processes that meet quality specifications and standards.
• Successfully pass initial operator training and subsequent refresher trainings.
• Other physical activities as required