Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our Procurement Team. This position may be located at our Downtown Chicago Office or Morris facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops and proposes procurement strategies for raw materials to management. Develops and executes action plans after approval of the strategy.
• Survey markets for best source of new supply sources; contacts potential suppliers and negotiates most favourable proposals; builds and maintains solid relationships with suppliers.
• Responsible for the collection and interpretation of market data that contribute to cost of raw materials that are the purchaser’s direct responsibility and for other materials or suppliers, when requested by the Business Unit.
• Issues RFQ’s and negotiates supply contracts/agreements consistent with purchasing strategy.
• Evaluates Supplier performance based on price, delivery, quality and service and information received from internal users; acts as a team member in supplier ISO Audits.
• Monitors raw materials forecasts and usage of materials by working with demand planning and plant personnel when needed. Acts as liaison with suppliers in case of difficult supply situations or when the supply is interrupted.
• Anticipates and negotiates price changes and develops a thorough knowledge of products and services assigned to purchase.
• Advises purchasing management of industry competitive situations, alternative supply sources, material and service cost trends.
• Maintains effective communication and active participation with other Surface Chemistry Purchasing Agents/Buyers and Nouryon Purchasing Professionals to attain best price, quality and service for agreements with Suppliers. Supports when requested the purchasing activities of the Business Unit in the other regions
• Represents the Surface Chemistry BU both inside and outside Nouryon; builds and maintains a network of business contacts in support of organizational objectives; conducts business in a responsible and ethical manner.
• Performs other related duties as assigned, including but not limited to, all compliance and ISO audit activities