AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals is world leader in the production of essential chemistry with operations in 80 countries and over 10,000 employees. Here in North America, our Specialty Chemicals business operates across 22 production, research and office sites in Canada, Mexico and the United States, including the world’s largest fatty amines facility, located in Morris, IL. Nearly 2,000 employees in the region are dedicated to providing industries worldwide with the materials they need to manufacture everyday essentials such as paper, plastics, detergents, personal care and hair styling products, as well as key ingredients for the construction, oil and gas, agricultural, mining and pharmaceutical sectors. Building on our long-standing commitment to safety, sustainability and open innovation, we have established a world-class business built on strong partnerships with our customers. The global headquarters for two of our core businesses – Surface Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry – is located in Chicago, and the region as a whole accounts for approximately one quarter of Specialty Chemicals’ annual worldwide revenue. For more information visit www.akzonobel.com/specialtychemicals.
The NPR (Non-Product Related Purchasing / Indirect Spend) Tactical Site Buyer will perform the following activities:
- Secure deliveries of material and services to the sites, offices and labs within the regions in accordance with supplier agreements
- Manage local site negotiations and contracts in alignment with regional category managers to secure supply and optimized total cost of ownership solutions.
- Work closely with local and regional stakeholders and act as a strong link between the sites and the category managers to identify needs and opportunities to reduce cost and improve procurement processes at the sites
- Actively work with risk assessment and mitigation to improve supply reliability in collaboration with stakeholders and be the main point of contact for stakeholders at the sites
- Support category managers and drive implementation of supplier agreements at the sites working closely with local stakeholders to build and secure alignment
- Lead multiple CapEx Projects below <1m eur (~$1.2m) in accordance with the supplier management strategy provided by the regional category managers.>
- Secure deliveries of service and products to all local sites in region in accordance with signed contracts
- Be the first escalation point of contact for operational issues for sites (late deliveries, quality issues, inadequate performance etc.)
- Drive efficiency and actively seek to optimize the procurement processes in accordance with the company's ALPS source processes
- Manage supplier risk by proactively monitoring changes within the supplier base or at the sites
- Support with RFQs for purchase orders for the sites in the region with assigned suppliers
- Support the procurement admin team to resolve issues with invoices, incorrect pricing or other contractual discrepancies
- Contribute in the development of sourcing strategies and the deployment of those at the sites
- Support category manager with project, contracts and supplier implementations
- Support site POs in compliance with existing contracts and commercial terms
- Lead and manage local negotiations in alignment with category managers
Level of Autonomy:
The position is expected to respond fast and with action when supply issues occur and work proactively to mitigate those.