Nouryon is currently seeking a Project Manager at its Lima, Ohio Chemical manufacturing facility - Fort Amanda Specialties. FAS, a joint venture between Nouryon and BASF Corp, is located on the Lima, Ohio refinery complex. The site is a major producer of chelating agents that are used in a broad range of applications. You will join an experienced team of over 70 people. The project manager plays a vital part in the continued growth and improvement of the plant. The role allows for managing the full scope of small to medium sized projects from inception through start-up.
Develop and implement capital procedures and processes that provide for accurate capital budgeting and execution that meets plant needs. Projects ranging from $5K to $1M, with total annual spending in the $2.5M range.
Day to Day activities
· Implement capital and expense projects including scope development, safety reviews, equipment specifications, quotation of equipment, bid package development-quoting for installations, field supervision of construction, cost control, commissioning, and project closure.
· Work with the Site Leadership Team to develop capital budgets and manage project spending to achieve targeted budget amounts while meeting plant needs.
· Supervise and direct outside engineering resources.
· Support maintenance reliability improvements and cost reduction efforts as requested.
· Provide technical expertise and support for on-going operations, maintenance, and process improvements.
· Ensure continuous improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other tools.
· Manage plant’s P&ID drawings and process
· Supervise Co-op student(s)