AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals is world leader in the production of essential chemistry with operations in 80 countries and over 10,000 employees. We invest approximately $120 million in RD&I every year, are #1 or #2 in 80% of our market segments, and we are ranked #1 in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Here in North America, we have nearly 2,000 employees across 22 production, research and office sites, including the world’s largest fatty amines facility, located in Morris, IL. We are dedicated to providing industries worldwide with the materials they need to manufacture everyday essentials such as paper, plastics, detergents, personal care and hair styling products, as well as key ingredients for the construction, oil and gas, agricultural, mining and pharmaceutical sectors. Building on our long-standing commitment to safety, sustainability and open innovation, we have established a world-class business built on strong partnerships with our customers. The global headquarters for two of our core businesses – Surface Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry – are located in Chicago, and the region as a whole accounts for approximately one quarter of Specialty Chemicals’ annual worldwide revenue. For more information visit www.akzonobel.com/
Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
AkzoNobel Surface Chemistry - has an outstanding opportunity for a Business Unit Controller.
Reporting to the Director, Group Control (who is based at our Global Headquarters in Amsterdam), the Controller for our Surface Chemistry Business Unit will have complete responsibility for developing and executing comprehensive plans as the financial operating leader for this global manufacturing business. You will drive both the business and finance agenda on a global level influencing senior stake holders, supporting the Global Business Manager in setting the business strategy.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, plan, realize, control, report and optimize the financial strategies, policies and processes for the Business Unit (BU). This in line with corporate guidelines, laws and regulations, functional standards, best practices and business/company strategy, in order to contribute to the business strategy and decision-making from a financial perspective.
- Contribute from the financial and economic perspective to the strategic and tactical decision making of the BU and the reporting/accounting thereof to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that business decisions are made in line with long term value creation objectives, within the BU’s financial and other frameworks (such as corporate policy, strategic, operational, legal, social responsibility etc.).
- Be the Financial “conscience” of the BU.
- Responsible for the reliable, timely and correct supply of information and the proper set-up and functioning of the BU’s planning & control-processes, administrative organization, internal controls and information systems.
- Responsible for the finance community development in the BU in alignment with the global Finance strategy.