We are looking for a Wet Chemistry expert to work as a Research Chemist in the MAS team. You will be working mainly in the area of Wet Chemistry and Surface Chemistry but you will also collaborate with, and to some extent work in, our other expertise areas Chromatography and NMR.
The Measurement and Analytical Science (MAS) group, part of RD&I EMEIA, Surface Chemistry, works with analyses of exciting and newly developed products as well as with development and validation of analytical methods. The group provides expertise in the area of analytical chemistry to our Global Research & Development and Technical Service & Development groups in research projects and customer complaints and production issues. You will work with internal stakeholders at the plant and other Business Units of AkzoNobel but also external customers.
- Run analytical experiments, interpret and report the results according to routines.
- Act as an expert in identification and quantification questions related to new product development, customer complaints, trouble shooting in production issues etc.
- Take an active part in small and larger projects, within and outside the group.
- Independently and in teams run assignments, in accordance to prioritizations.
- Be able to handle complex and difficult assignments.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the area of Wet Chemistry, but also in Surface Chemistry, be updated with all techniques used in the group on a general level in order to ensure that the tasks are resolved using the best available techniques.
- Develop, implement, validate and take responsibility of analytical methods and instruments (e.g. automated titration, IR, UV/Vis, Karl Fischer, TGA, DSC), with the aim to have accurate and reliable analytical techniques that fulfill quality demands and HSE legislations.
- Develop and maintain a good Surface Chemistry product know how.
- Take an active part in the lab by contributing to housekeeping in a positive way and work with continuous improvement; propose changes that promote safety, quality, reliability and efficiency.