** POSITION CAN BE BASED IN PASADENA, TX OR BURT, NY**
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Our Polymer Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading producers of organic peroxides, metal alkyls, organometallic specialties and polymer additives for the thermoplastic, composite and rubber industries.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
Key Objective of Position: The primary purpose of this position is to deliver products to the customer safely and in a timely manner.
• Deliver AkzoNobel product to customer sites in a safe and timely manner.
• Assure paper work is accurate and in order. This includes completing customs paperwork to enter and exit Canada.
• Maintain compliance with all DOT regulations including training and certification/recertification.
• Maintain road equipment in good working order. Report any items needing repair/attention promptly and follow up to make sure repairs are done in a timely manner. Interface with external vendors to handle service and maintenance including leasing company.
• Report any information from customer’s that might be helpful in the servicing of that customer. Insure this is reported in a timely, concise manner.
• Report on any business intelligence that is overheard in the course of delivering to our customers.
• Attendance and punctuality is critical as well as flexibility with differing/rotating routes on a weekly basis.
o Routes follow a planned rotation with weekends off (typically one Saturday worked per month, some flexibility required).
Health, Safety, Security and Environment Specific Responsibilities
• Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the actions required should an issue occur.
• Understand and adhere to the Burt Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that applies to this positions area of responsibility. Is also responsible for adhering to site emergency response and spill prevention plans.
• Participate in AkzoNobel training and learning as required for this position.
Job Context (the Nature & Scope of the Business)
The Burt site stores and ships organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous materials, mainly due to temperature controlled transportation and handling.