Execute procurement excellence and spend-down at “your” site in close cooperation with site stakeholders, NPR Procurement and the market.
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals (AN SC) provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes worldwide. Thus we serve high profile customers in sectors including paints, detergents, foods, plastics, cosmetics, construction, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, electronics, agro and oilfield applications. AN SC has € 5 bln revenue, 9.500 employees, five business lines, and 67 manufacturing sites.
Our NPR Procurement organization is committed to the highest standards of NPR (non-product related) Procurement and aims to deliver best-in-class services that support AN SC’s strategic objectives by continuously improving our NPR spend-down program. In order to achieve this we are strengthening and centralizing NPR Procurement to better leverage its commercial buying power, increase procurement involvement in CapEx projects, and better fit our current and future business needs.
For the region APAC (2000fte) we are searching for a:
NPR Tactical Site Buyer Boxing & Tianjin
You will join a 150-employee Global NPR organization. 20 of them works in the APAC region. The Department offers a working environment full of real opportunities for professional development as we enhance our specialization at operational and strategic levels. As such, this role demands the motivation necessary to deliver results that will underscore the strong impact of procurement on the company’s strategy.
The role and its responsibilities
- As the NPR Tactical Site Buyer you secure deliveries of material and services to the sites, offices and labs within the regions in accordance with supplier agreements;
- Manage local site negotiations and contracts in alignment with regional category managers to secure supply and optimized total cost of ownership solutions;
- Work closely with local and regional stakeholders and act as a strong link between the sites and the category managers to identify needs and opportunities to reduce cost and improve procurement processes at the sites;
- Actively work with risk assessment and mitigation to improve supply reliability in collaboration with stakeholders and be the main point of contact for stakeholders at the sites;
- Support category managers and drive implementation of supplier agreements at the sites working closely with local stakeholders to build and secure alignment;
- Lead multiple CapEx Projects below <1m eur in accordance with the supplier management strategy provided by the regional category managers.>
- Secure deliveries of service and products to all local sites in region in accordance with signed contracts;
- Be the first escalation point of contact for operational issues for sites (late deliveries, quality issues, inadequate performance etc.);
- Drive efficiency and actively seek to optimize the procurement processes in accordance with the ALPS source processes;
- Manage supplier risk by proactively monitoring changes within the supplier base or at the sites;
- Support with RFQs for purchase orders for the sites in the region with assigned suppliers;
- Support the procurement admin team to resolve issues with invoices, incorrect pricing or other contractual discrepancies;
- Contribute in the development of sourcing strategies and the deployment of those at the sites;
- Support category manager with project, contracts and supplier implementations;
- Support site POs in compliance with existing contracts and commercial terms;
- Lead and manage local negotiations in alignment with category managers.