We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
• Supply timely, insightful analytical reports from NMR analysis to internal customers including: Synthesis, Process Development, Application research groups, and Production.
• Participate as a member of an extended team encompassing multiple sites and a wide array of chemical analysis capabilities.
• Interact closely with Synthesis, Global R&D, Regulatory, Technical Service & development and plant QC groups in assisting with development of new products, resolving customer concerns and providing methodology.
• Maintain company safety standards and live the company values.
• Will be a member of the regional MAS EC group
• Will be a member of the regional TS&d reporting line.
• Will be responsible for maintenance and upkeep of laboratory instrumentation.
• Know and follow Nouryon Values and Behaviors
Job Context (Nature & Scope of the Business)
This Senior Researcher position is for an NMR spectroscopist within the Analytical Expertise group at the Brewster, New York, Surface Chemistry Business Unit Research Laboratory of Nouryon. The Analytical group provides expertise in support of new Product Development, Regulatory, Product Applications, and Manufacturing. Our goal is to provide the best information within a short time to our customers in response to their characterization needs. The team operates regionally supporting all aspects of the business from three sites in the continental US. Capabilities and capacity at each site is leveraged against local needs to achieve the best result with the most prompt response.
The successful candidate will have the ability to operate in a small group environment responding to varied priority requests from sites across the region. Skills to multitask between report preparation, data reduction, sample preparation and instrumental upkeep are required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are critical to ensure clear information transfer to customers.
The successful candidate must be able to acquire and interpret NMR spectroscopic data, particularly proton, carbon-13, 1D and 2D NMR. In addition to the primary sample analysis responsibilities, be responsible for assisting with instrument upkeep and troubleshooting. The NMR instrumentation the candidate will be responsible for using and maintaining includes: Agilent DD-2 500 and Varian MR-400 NMR spectrometers.