The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
Key Objective of Position:
This position is responsible for coordinating activities related to the shipping of site and 3rd party warehouse materials to our customers. This will include supervising two Logistics Clerks, ensuring SAP shipping transactions are made on a timely and accurate basis, and supporting the Transportation Supervisor in Department of Transportation compliance.
- Review all shipping entries in SAP for accuracy. Manage timely goods issue, including preparation and review of Informore freight costs. Act as first line contact for Informore issues, including approval of freight bills, reporting, etc.
- Supervising day to day activities of Logistics Clerks and Drivers. Audit driver logs for Pasadena, Battleground, and Burt against DOT regulations to ensure compliance. Renewing the Yearly DOT Permits for all sites.
- Manage interactions with third party warehouses, including releases, shipping, invoice approval, and inventory reconciliation on a periodic basis.
- Continuous development and improvement of order to cash process and communication with Customer Service including delivery creation, picking, COAs, inventory management and reporting.
- Power User or Key User role for SAP Distribution function for Americas. Transport planning for shipments within the US
- Supervise the loading of products in preparation for final shipment to customers. Oversee the process of receiving raw materials and off- loading them safely.
- Develop and train Shipping/Receiving operators to meet applicable guidelines including new operator qualification and requalification’s.
- Insure equipment in area is properly maintained. Update and maintain inventory in SAP.
- Communicate with order entry functions to evaluate and ensure customer needs. Monitor and correct warehouse housekeeping standards.
- Other duties and assignments as directed my manager.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment Specific Responsibilities
- Understand and help implement the Pasadena Functional Chemicals Site Operating Policy and Objectives which includes MTQ and ISO/RC 14001.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the actions required should an issue occur.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Pasadena Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to your area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.