We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
Nouryon Surface Chemistry - has an outstanding opportunity for a Regional Demand Planner.
The primary function of the Regional Demand Planner role is a member of the Global Supply Chain organization that is responsible for Supply Chain planning of the business unit Surface Chemistry. The Regional Demand Planner is dedicated to the Global supply chain management organization and controls the forecasting process within Surface Chemistry with responsibility both regional and global. Customers of the forecast process are production planning globally. The objective of supply chain planning organization is to assure on time in full supply to customers against lowest cost within operating working capital guidelines.
- Demand Forecast:
- Analyse and manage the Arkieva forecast and compare with historical sales history - Time period of relevance is 1 month to 20 month future horizon
- Fundamental work product is a 20 month forward look at the global demand at the material/Ship to Customers, aggregated as necessary
- Secondary work product is detailed, historical database of the 20-month forecasts for purposes of error analysis and corrective action
- Secondary work product is also a detailed demand history (actual) that can be aligned to forecast for comparison and context
- Monthly reporting of Demand Management scorecard.
- Forecast Segmentation:
- Realize forecast segmentation to identify materials applicable to Collaborative forecast and products that require market information. Re-evaluation at least annually to ensure correct forecast segment. Maintenance in both SAP and Arkieva.
- Statistical Forecast Models:
- Determine the statistical model that fits best to the particular demand scenario. Assures that new product/plant combinations are assigned the relevant statistical model.
- SAP master data:
- Maintenance of SAP master data (re-alignments) relevant for the forecast process.
- Power User Arkieva:
- Acts as a project leader or participant in demand management projects with a minor (financial) impact. Focus in these projects is on SAP changes. Scope includes the management of external expertise.
- C reates material for training of users of Arkieva. Carries out training of relevant personnel to support continuous improvement (Planners, Sales Managers, and Customer Service etc.)
- S&OP Meetings
- Leads monthly Demand Meetings with Market segments
- Host/attend site S&OP meetings and global push S&OP meetings relative with region
- Stock targets & run length model
- Coordinates with planners/logistics managers from the sites to prepare stock target proposals at least once a year. Executes a run length model calculation at least once per year per site. Propose objectives for number of change-overs per production unit per year
- Improvement Suggestions:
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of the planning function and, after consultation the Global/Regional Supply Chain Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.