We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
Nouryon Surface Chemistry - has an outstanding opportunity for a Product Specialist- Polymers.
The primary function of the Product Specialist- Polymers role is to manage the polymers product portfolio of assigned production locations. In addition, support business regarding polymer product portfolio, product specifications (including global harmonization).
Give support to:
- BASC Master data Management
- Customer Service
- Sales & Marketing
- Product Stewardship
- Regulatory Affairs
- R&D and Application Development
- PQC and Production
- Be a member of the Marketing Team for Industrial-, Performance- or Specialties segments.
- Continually review working procedures and tools and propose improvements
- Act as a specialist in product related issues
- Participate and/or lead projects
- Serve as team member on global harmonization of product chemistry and specification work streams.
- The position is to act as the focal point for all product related work for assigned production location(s)
- Responsible for technical product data for products from assigned production locations
- Provide specifications and typical data for external product information (PDS, brochures etc.)
- Issuing statements of Raw materials and finished products
- Answering product related questions on prioritized questionnaires
- Provide input and updates to the standard questionnaire reply
- Drives product life cycle management like new product commercialization, product changes and product eliminations via PI&C workflow.
- Responsible for suggesting candidates for Product Elimination to reduce complexity including value stream mapping support
- Identify product opportunities to maximize the value of the assigned production locations
- Responsible for HS codes assessment to facilitate the export of products
- Responsible for various data and their update:
- Active Product List (= input role)
- Nomenclature and product hierarchy