The Nouryon Business Unit (BU) Industrial Chemicals produces and markets salt and energy, DME, chlor-alkali products and derivatives like monochloroacetic acid (MCA). The Planning Department is part of the BU Sales Operations Department and interlinks with the business side (Sales and Marketing) and the operational side (plant and site logistics) in order to best serve the customer.
The planning department involves the process of balancing the product demand with the available production capacity via continuous optimization of production, ship deliveries, costs and stops and thereby realizing an optimum utilization of the production plants. This by taking into account the strategy and results of the BU by avoiding sub-optimization and looking after the BU interest.
For the Planning Department within Sales Operations we are currently looking for a proactive and flexible minded Global Supply Planner.
- Manage the Supply stream within the dedicated businesses with focus on the total value chain;
- Responsible for a global supply plan with a good understanding of the trade-offs between service, stock and total supply chain costs;
- Improve the capability of the supply planning function and the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP);
- Owns the global supply plan for all relevant factories and liaises with the factory Schedulers to ensure the plan is delivered;
- Managing and monitoring Inventory levels and shared responsibility on Lead times and customer on time deliveries;
- Responsible for creating key reports and analysis to support the Demand and Supply streams.
- Maintain and create valid and achievable supply plans which are reconciled to the overall supply strategy, balanced to capabilities, and respond to customer needs profitably;
- Compiles scorecards, analysis and makes recommendations;
- Coordination and alignment across sites maintenance and turnaround planning;
- Provide feedback and challenge the sales forecast to the business;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the site(s), depots and Demand Planner;
- Ensures all DRP/MRP planning parameters are accurate and cleansing occurs on an appropriate basis;
- Supports Lifecycle Management for the products and factories planned;
- Manage supply response to abnormal demands, as they arise, by driving the flexible part of short terms supply to resolve real time issues as they occur;
- Liaison with demand planners, Sales & Marketing, plants, business controllers.