We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
• Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for the scientist(s) in the Cleaning Applications Technical Service & Development (TSD) group.
• Responsible for working with the Cleaning Applications Commercial Team including the Global and Regional Marketing Managers, and the Regional Sales Manager to develop the RDI strategy for the business.
• Ensure a high level of cooperation with scientists in the other regions
• Manage and allocate proper resources for the projects in the Cleaning Applications project funnel. Manage the scientist’s efforts in a supportive and motivating manner.
• Provide Surface Chemistry and Cleaning Products training for the junior chemists and ensure their proper development
• Maintain awareness of industry trends and participate in appropriate trade organizations and conferences. Develop good relationships, at a high level, with key individuals at the EPA.
• Provide Technical support to the Sales and Marketing team via formal training sessions and also support them on customer visits.
• Make customer visits to mine new project ideas and understand customer requests and needs, and how they can be solved with Surface Chemistry’s tools. Extrapolate Surface Chemistry’s application know-how into new applications.