We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
This position performs process tasks in a chemical manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the proper operation of process in which a chemical reaction takes place, regardless of whether the process is continuous or batch.
• Makes changes in instrument settings and formulas as described by the laboratory or supervisor. Also responsible to notify the supervisor in the event one of their instruments is not functioning properly.
• Works with other operators assigned to their process area.
• Responsible for complete logs and records pertaining to their process.
• Performs certain analytical tests which are required for the proper function of their process.
• Responsible for the general cleanliness of their process area.
• Performs simple or minor maintenance on their equipment.
• Uses various types of tools required to perform their duties.
• Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
• Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan.
• Aids in training of fellow employees for certifications in his/her work area.
• Team members should operate under any applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when performing functions within their role.
Can progress from trainee to C, to B, to A, to Lead Operator as defined in the training matrics and production job classification procedure HROP-13.
List of physical demands: As noted on operator JFA.
Office, lab and production environment.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.