- Manage the chemical laboratory functionality as required for the operations of the plant.
- Perform chemical and physical tests of the raw materials, intermediate process samples, and finished product as directed by your supervisor. This includes taking samples from various points in the process for laboratory analysis. Record and make available all laboratory results using standard filing methods or by creating files on the computer.
- Maintain certification and calibration of all lab equipment and reagents for the Sodium Chlorate lab, Process lab, and Paper Chemicals lab. This includes maintaining laboratory equipment throughout the plants and interacting with suppliers and equipment technicians.
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to take on new roles and responsibilities as requested to support plant operations.
- Establish files and computer routines to record analytical data into a computer based filing system software; make data available to departments that use it for control or analysis of monthly operation and present the information in a usable form.
- Gather samples from waste water sampling points, label and transport to the laboratory for analysis; maintain sampling equipment, noting any evidence of malfunctioning and make necessary repairs or arrange for repairs to be made by appropriate equipment technicians.
- Maintain the laboratory quality manuals, keeping the procedures updated on a regular basis. Keep all laboratory quality critical instrumentation calibrated as outlined by the quality policy. Make repairs as necessary or arrange for repairs to be made by appropriate equipment technicians.
- Provide support in the laboratory that will aid in any investigations.
- Maintain the laboratory in a clean and orderly condition, keeping the work areas and the equipment in the work place in good working condition. Interact with suppliers and equipment technicians.
- Perform duties relating to the operation of the laboratory as assigned by the department’s supervisor. This will include the use of standard purchasing procedures in the ERP system to maintain necessary lab inventories.
- Perform various tasks related to the plant utility systems as requested by supervision.
- Work with other personnel on shift, forming a shift team that is capable of satisfactorily maintaining normal plant operations, but prepared to take proper action during abnormal plant operations or emergencies.