Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Nouryon Polymer Chemistry
Our Polymer Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading producers of organic peroxides, metal alkyls, organometallic specialties and polymer additives for the thermoplastic, composite and rubber industries.
Polymer Chemistry is a leading business of Nouryon, active in the polymer industry. It supplies organic peroxides and processing aids to the whole polymer chain from polymer producers to compounders, processors, and even to polymer recyclers. Its activity is split into several segments:
Initiators and co-catalysts for polymer production
Chemical intermediates for non-polymer applications (e.g. Pharmaceutical grades)
Cross-linking agents and additives for the rubber industry and additives for polyolefins
Curing agents, processing aids and auxiliaries for the composite market;
• Execute sales agreement by liaising with customers
• Negotiate product availability proposals (Backorders) with customers; escalate to allocation manager if needed; agree upon delivery dates, transport and packaging matters with customers; and update the orders accordingly
• Communicate with the customer on any change to the order as well as sales agreement related matters
• Escalates to Account Managers when appropriate
• Follow-up on forwarding agent (BDP Smart) alerts and inform the customer accordingly and make necessary changes in the sales order
• Follow-up on deviations in delivery dates and inform customers accordingly. Find the best alternatives for customers and escalate to correct parties if necessary.
• Execute consignment agreements and reconcile; check and communicate with customers about consignment usage. Release and communicate about related billing docs.
• Monitors sales agreement fulfilment using the available tools, i.e. pro-actively monitor order pattern behavior
• Follow up on credit control issues and overdues, assist in resolving overdue issues with customers
• Training customer in using customer portal
• Issue debit/credit notes (including follow up on rebate settlement) after necessary approvals
• Issue return orders (product and empty packaging) and coordinate with customer, transport and sites according to procedures
• Own/Confirm/review master data with customer; e.g. opening hours, payment conditions and partner details; as well as instruct MasterData management on creation and changes in customer master data via central portal
• Update customer contact details in CRM
• Create and assign customer complaint cases in CRM. Assume responsibility to Review and Close a complaint case with the Account Mgr. being accountable. This can include customer communication
• Assist customers in import/export shipment clearance if applicable
• Maintain and manage export license (only Americas – international customers only)