We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon Surface Chemistry - has an outstanding opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer.
The Morris site primarily produces Fatty Amines which are used in many industries. Uses for the nitrogen derivatives include fabric softeners, oil field chemicals, asphalt emulsifiers, petroleum additives, mining and others.
This position is to support Fatty Amines production by providing maintenance support through engineering changes and reliability engineering.
- Recommend and implement changes to mechanical equipment to improve operability, reduce downtime and increase throughput.
- Help develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
- Develop equipment specifications.
- Develop projects to upgrade existing equipment and processes, and justify expenditures to the plant and group management.
- Typical maintenance work would be investigating equipment failures, sizing pumps, upgrading equipment, increasing equipment reliability and installing new equipment.
- Develop Management of Change (MOC) documents as needed to support modification of equipment.
- Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.