We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
Nouryon Surface Chemistry - has an outstanding opportunity for a Reliability Manager.
This position will lead, implement, sustain and build Reliability strategy and improvement program at the Morris site to minimize the risk associated with unexpected failures in a manner consistent with business needs. It will contribute toward the development and implementation of continuous improvement programs including utilities optimization; keeping abreast of industry codes, practices, standards and best practices in the industry.
The Morris site primarily produces Fatty Amines which are used in many industries. Uses for the nitrogen derivatives include fabric softeners, oil field chemicals, asphalt emulsifiers, petroleum additives, mining and others.
This position is accountable to drive continuous improvement of reliability and reduction of maintenance costs by systematically elimination of bad actors. Monthly reduction or contribution of top 10 to total cost and off loss. Accountable for availability of relevant reliability tools and training level of users.
- Participate in all plant safety processes and compliance with Life Saving Rules.
- Provide equipment reliability input for Process Hazard Reviews and other HSES studies as needed.
- Provide technical support to optimize PM’s for improved equipment uptime.
- Establish and manage a RBI (risk based inspection) program to ensure equipment structural integrity.
- Provides technical support to perform equipment critically analysis, FMEA as well as maintenance spare parts stocking strategy.
- Develop, Oversee, and Implement the reliability strategy and plan for the site.
- Track and report key performance indicators for the Reliability department.
- Drive reliability performance using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques.
- Manage PM programs, historical trends, and KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues.
- Communicate PM scope changes to the Planner/Scheduler for inclusion in SAP.
- Continuously improve maintenance efficiency and costs through improved equipment reliability by monitoring performance and addressing failures and trending bad actors.
- Oversee and manage the predictive maintenance strategies to include vibration analysis, lubrication oil analysis, motor circuit analysis, IR thermography, laser alignment, and ultrasonic technologies.
- Develop Maintenance procedures to improve equipment reliability/efficiency and minimize repair cost.
- Provide troubleshooting support to operating units on equipment reliability.
- Lead the Root Cause Analysis problem solving efforts, including bi-weekly maintenance Root Cause Problem Solving session.
- Lead disciplined and systematic equipment maintenance strategy development efforts.
- Manage monthly equipment “bad actors” analysis, creating action plans for increasing reliability, and monitoring performance vs. expected results of the changes from the action plans.
- Review and analyze data from inspections for information on equipment reliability issues at the request of Maintenance engineers.
- Capture and analyze maintenance data and equipment work histories to support work of maintenance engineers.
- Develop equipment life cycle data in support of reliability improvement projects.
- Participate in all incident investigations as required and report all incidents within the plant’s required time frame.
- Support and lead engineering projects as assigned and those resulting from reliability improvements.
- Provide reliability input to Engineering group for equipment design, specification and purchase.
- Participate in weekly process safety managements (PSM) meetings.
- Identify and promote skills training for departmental personnel to support the reliability strategy.
- Lead and/or manage employees to deliver outlined responsibilities.
- Other duties as required.