Are you talented, ambitious, and looking to develop yourself in a challenging international environment? Do you want to work for a company that values your opinion, will push you to do your best, and is committed to doing our part to make the world a better place? Search no further because our Specialty Chemical Business Unit – Polymer Chemicals is seeking an experienced Sales Manager for our Polymer (polyolefins, polystyrene and acrylic) market segments. The Sales Manager will manage the Eastern US sales territory by identifying and creating new business opportunities as well as managing existing accounts.
This role will be home office based, with preference to a location in the North Eastern US Region, preferably near a large airport. You could be in New York, Newark, Philadelphia, etc. This position will report directly to the Commercial manager.
The travel requirement will range between 50%-60% with overnight stays as a routine throughout the week. The traveled locations are US and Canada.
Polymer Chemicals is headquartered in Chicago, with regional centers in Chicago, Amsterdam and Shanghai. Business Unit Polymer Chemistry is a leading business of Nouryon active in the polymer industry. It supplies specialty chemicals and processing aids to the entire polymer chain from polymer producers to compounders and processors. Its activity is mainly split in the following segments:
- Initiators and co-catalysts for polymer production (organic peroxides and metal alkyls)
- Chemical intermediates for non-polymer applications (e.g. Pharma)
- Crosslinking agents and additives for the rubber industry and additives for polyolefins
- Curing agents, processing aids and auxiliaries for the composite market
Qualitative Key Objectives:
- Service existing accounts/distributors - Grow business at existing accounts
- Review, manage and improve pricing levels within guidelines set out by commercial management. Apply tier service level charges where applicable.
- Negotiation of contract agreements and settlements of claims
- Responsible for payment collection at customers
- Develop new accounts for future sales
- Exercise technical selling to the fullest by visiting technical employees at accounts (manufacturing managers etc.). Development of own technical knowledge of product lines and product application is a key success factor in this respect.
- Develop business relationship at various levels and disciplines within your customer’s organization
- Provide market intelligence feedback to commercial management on - Market environment
- Potential new projects
- Manage relations with/service by internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ownership of customer complaint (OFI) resolution.
- Establish an annual sales plan for the assigned business scope within the overall strategy set out by commercial management. Such sales plan should aim to protect existing business as well as developing new business
- Timely reporting of all customer calls using pre-defined templates.
- Provide monthly reliable sales forecast to ensure proper product availability planning.
- Cost control for assigned travel & entertainment cost
- Participate in regular margin management review meetings with commercial management
Quantitative Key Objectives:
- Meet Annual Sales Budget (Volume, Revenue, Contribution Margin) defined by commercial management
- Days of sales outstanding should be within the annual target
- Overdue receivables should not exceed targeted goal of total receivable amount
- Sales forecast should be accurate
- Control Travel & Entertainment cost within annual budget
- Meet agreed number of call reports per year.
- Achieve market share targets for all product lines
- Complete market survey and reports before the agreed time
- Liaison with specific service departments: market intelligence, supply chain, customer service desk, marketing communication, accounting/credit control, regulatory affairs, RDI.
- External interactions: - Customer base ranging from medium to large manufacturing companies to multi-national corporations, mainly active in the polymer production industry;
- Contacts range from shop floor to senior management personnel.