- Develops and implements sourcing strategies for product and services designed to support the identified business needs and in line with the Global Procurement strategy following the SSM methodology.
- Builds and maintains competitive contacts with suppliers to secure total cost of ownership solutions. Leads value engineering and other cost reduction activity both cross functionally and across businesses and sites to identity and capture synergies.
- Develops plans for the short-term and long-term security of supply. Identifies alternative suppliers and products for innovation, improved sustainability, cost reduction and in support of business strategy in coordination with Supply Chain and R&D.
- Responsible for the collection and interpretation of market data and intelligence that impacts the categories that are under direct responsibility. Becomes the “go to” person for assigned spend within the region and stimulates cross business cooperation.
- Works with tactical sites buyers, and procurement manager to implement contracts, supplier changes and projects and is responsible to secure a strong collaboration and link between tactical and strategic procurement across the region
- Maintains a close collaboration with the Capex Procurement Project Manager in the region and provides sourcing recommendation for large and mid-sized capex project acting as a category expert
- Takes an active role in the global category network to align decisions and activities around common suppliers with category managers from other regions to manage and coordinate the business relationship
- Represents the Business both inside and outside Nouryon; builds and maintains a network of business contacts in support of organizational objectives; conducts business in a responsible and ethical manner.