The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers. The Operations/Production Manager is responsible for all manufacturing at the site and coordinates across all department lines at the site as well as with the business managers in Chicago.
Key Objective of Position: To operate plant equipment in line with approved safety, quality and production guidelines meeting customer needs.
- Understand and operate the equipment or processes in area of assignment.
- Know mechanical operation of piping and equipment in assigned area.
- Working knowledge of plant processes in area of assignment, SPC, Chemistry, business considerations, etc.
- Assist in development of job analysis for area of responsibility and also training of others in area of assignment.
- Understand diagrams, equipment, process description, process control, problem solving of area, job analysis, etc.
- Basic maintenance skills including trouble shooting equipment.
- Handle all hazardous waste in accordance with all state, federal and local laws and regulations.
- Understands and operates control system and instrumentation in area of assignment.