We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com
Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
Responsible for operating processes and equipment in the plant according to procedures in place and taking ownership over integrity of plant assets.
All site personnel must work in a manner that protects the safety and health of themselves and their fellow workers and exhibit care for the environment. All personnel have responsibilities in the following area:
• Ensure compliance in all aspects of safety with all applicable regulations (AkzoNobel and regulatory)
• Actively participate in Continuous Improvement efforts in Duluth
• Actively participate in all Safety programs in Duluth
• Conduct 5S activities for the production area
• Conduct autonomous maintenance in production area (including failure identification, etc.)
• Produce finished products using the documented
operating procedures in a safe, efficient, and quality-focused manner
• Analyze in-process, finished product, and raw materials using documented lab procedures
• Organizing daily operation involved in production areas: Perform quality analysis and packaging, maintain detail production/maintenance records, and input production information into computer system along with analysis.
• Maintain excellent housekeeping inside production room and on equipment
• Complete all necessary training qualification
• Participate in ongoing Occupational Health and Safety Program being developed by Expancel, Inc. On time incident reporting and investigation in AkzoNobel systems.
• Troubleshoot/Resolve equipment malfunctions in the production area
• Qualified to operate all manufacturing processes of the Duluth site
• Log and account for production, quality data, and losses
• Keeps workplace and tools in order and accessible
Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or the Shift Leader
• Follow the process and procedures.
• Operates the plant within the specified control limits.
• Will not operate outside the specified control limits without formal authorization
from the production supervisor, Site Responsible Engineer and/or Site Manager