Nouryon’s Procurement function is responsible for driving value from our supply base by creating the right insights into the markets we buy in and improving the performance of our suppliers on delivery, cost and sustainability. Managing risks, costs and supply reliability in logistics and raw materials along with driving down our NPR Spend are key levers in the company strategic plan. One of the teams within Procurement is the Capex team.
About the job
Our Capex team is presently looking for an experienced Capex Procurement Manager who will be working from our production site in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. In this role you are responsible for the Project Procurement Strategies and securing that all CAPEX procurement deliverables and activities are delivered on time and at or below budgeted cost; and for being well informed and well aligned with the main stakeholders of projects to ensure that the final solutions balance all requirements in a good way. Key to a successful execution of the job is proven experience in medium to large size industrial procurement projects in an international environment.
Your main responsibilities
• Lead and drive all procurement activities for medium and large Capex projects
• Coaching CAPEX activities of Tactical Site Buyers where needed
• Secure early involvement of procurement and take an active role in the budgeting estimation process, risk analyses and strategy settings.
• Actively participate within project team in a constructive manner to find the best solutions
• Provide detailed knowledge of the market and supplier alternatives to the projects and provide solid recommendations.
• Propose different solutions and provide pros and cons of different alternatives.
• Lead negotiations for medium and large projects and set up project specific contracts with suppliers.
• Work with supplier and project members to secure timely delivery of agreed services or products.
• Manage the EPC(M) contractors on the procurement part where applicable