We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Our Polymer Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading producers of organic peroxides, metal alkyls, organometallic specialties and polymer additives for the thermoplastic, composite and rubber industries.
Nouryon Polymer Chemistry - has an outstanding opportunity for a Regional Supply Chain Manager.
The Regional Supply Chain Manager is responsible for monitoring and improving the regional supply chain. This comprises of supply chain planning operations at each site within the region, such as sales and operations planning (consisting of demand planning and rough-cut capacity planning), production planning, raw materials planning, inventory planning as well as logistics operations of warehousing, shipping planning, receiving planning and fleet planning. The key objective is to provide improvement of the safety and quality of supply chain operations while balancing the cost, service, and inventory level of BU Polymer Chemistry while meeting all applicable legal and internal requirements
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Manages the sales forecast system (Arkieva) to predict customer demand.
- Converts sales forecasts into a production demand forecast for the purpose of creating a long-term capacity plan and short term production schedule and raw materials requirements. Be the owner of developing the monthly Supply Plan and assess potential risks and recommend actions or mitigate these risks through the S&OP program.
- Leads the sales and operations planning process (S&OP) to encourage open communication between manufacturing, sales, and marketing and report on inventory level development, production bottlenecks, requirements for outside tolling, product prioritization etc.
- Manages inventory levels and safety stocks consistent with company strategic goals, prevents the production of slow-moving items.
- Promotes open communication between manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, sales, and management on issues that involve material flow and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates global supply and capacity issues with Global Supply Chain team.
- Responsible for Internal and External shipments including import and export activities
- Responsible for setting up and ensuring safety, compliance, and quality of external warehouses
- Responsible for driving cost efficiency of logistics operations through process improvements
- Review and approve needed inventory adjustments to achieve budgeted OWC levels.
- Manage department, responsible for department budget. The department comprises production planning, transportation (including import and export operations), truck drivers (if applicable), fleet planners, asset managers, warehouse department (if applicable).
- Track and report performance against department KPIs; develop monthly Performance Report.
- Monitors levels of off specification and aged inventory. Holds periodic reviews of these inventories and coordinates with manufacturing, marketing, research and management to facilitate their consumption or disposal.
- Responsible for creating a stimulating and developing working climate including good communication and information both within and between departments.
- Responsible for carrying out performance reviews according to the P&D Dialog concept incl. career discussion and for clarifying the link between performance and pay.
- Responsible for involvement and motivation of employees, for setting individual objectives and to clarify the steps that need to be taken to reach the regional targets. Ensures timeliness and quality of the work within the department.
- Responsible for applying the Nouryon Code of Conduct, Values and Behaviors within the department and when working with others.