Nouryon is world leader in the production of essential chemistry with operations in 80 countries and over 10,000 employees. Here in North America, our Specialty Chemicals business operates across 22 production, research and office sites in Canada, Mexico and the United States, including the world’s largest fatty amines facility, located in Morris, IL. Nearly 2,000 employees in the region are dedicated to providing industries worldwide with the materials they need to manufacture everyday essentials such as paper, plastics, detergents, personal care and hair styling products, as well as key ingredients for the construction, oil and gas, agricultural, mining and pharmaceutical sectors. Building on our long-standing commitment to safety, sustainability and open innovation, we have established a world-class business built on strong partnerships with our customers. The global headquarters for two of our core businesses – Surface Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry – is located in Chicago, and the region as a whole accounts for approximately one quarter of Specialty Chemicals’ annual worldwide revenue. For more information visit www.nouryon.com.
Our Polymer Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading producers of organic peroxides, metal alkyls, organometallic specialties and polymer additives for the thermoplastic, composite and rubber industries.
Nouryon Polymer Chemistry has an outstanding opportunity for a Site Controller.
As a member of the site management team you will participate in the development and implementation of the site strategy.
- Contributes to the execution of manufacturing strategy for the site and achievement of financial objectives by monitoring, conducting financial analysis and providing forward looking management information aimed at improvement of the operational and financial effectiveness of the site. Works effectively together with a variety of stakeholders at the site and in the broader Nouryon organization.
- Safeguards core principles of Nouryon by delivering accurate financial reporting and financial and economic analysis
- Partners with the business on financial and economic topics and supports analysis of the results of the site and use this for proactive support and challenge and advice management (site leadership team, commercial teams, supply chain and ISC finance team) on financial and economics topics. This includes looking for opportunities to continuously improve and support the productivity improvement of the site.
- Provide accurate controlling activities in accordance with an up to date IFRS, FEM and BU guidelines.
- Works in close cooperation with the accounting department in Chicago with respect to the registration of transactions, flows of goods and money and other accounting entries in the accounting systems.
- Drives budget/Latest View process based on BU / ISC and Site plans, in collaboration with budget holders. Coordinates preparation of short term financial forecasts (costs and capex).
- Capex Investments - develops business cases for capex investments at the site. Coordinates and prepares application requests (ARs). Monitors project management, scope changes, variation orders and analyzes budget overruns. Conducts post implementation reviews on actual realization of business cases.
- In Control - prepares, administers and monitors site procedures. Responsible for follow-up of the internal audits and external financial audits. Coordinates the local “In Control” self-assessment activities on the basis of BU guidelines / instructions. Has a duty to properly observe and promulgate compliance with our code of conduct including working conditions and QHSE rules in a responsible and efficient manner.
- IM (IT focal point – SAP key user)
- Support for safety culture at the site