We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
QA Analyst I
This position is responsible for working on projects and tasks in the Quality Department, providing additional support to the QC Supervisor and QC Lab Coordinator above and beyond the routine position of the 12-hour shift quality control technician. This position also serves as a 5S Champion in the QC lab, overseeing 5S activities and ensuring continual 5S progress. In addition, this position supports the Process Development Technologist in the testing and reporting of PD/Mfg Support samples, acting as a liaison between the QC lab and PD/Technical Group to help with new product transfer including new method set-up and training in the QC lab. This position requires the ability to help cover rotating 12 hour shifts as needed due to absences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operates, maintains, calibrates, and troubleshoots complex analytical instrumentation.
• Able to use written test methodology to set-up and operate new or ancillary instrumentation.
• Perform routine analysis to support production and development labs in a timely and reliable manner.
• Supports any activity to ensure compliance to the quality system regulations (e.g. ISO 9001:2008 and cGMP).
• Interprets analytical data, with the ability to recognize the difference between normal and abnormal results. Makes appropriate recommendations, suggestions for improvement, or takes appropriate corrective actions based on analytical data and sound judgment.
• Documents and archives analytical results and related key information in notebooks, documents, and SAP. Provides clear, accurate and concise verbal and written communication.
• Provides technical guidance and leadership to others in production or the lab as required.
• Effectively completes all tasks with a minimum of supervision.
• Conducts Safe Behavior Audits along with additional site safety activities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan.
• Help with development of GMT/MES Quality Track activities, training, implementation, and support.
• Provide support in collecting and reporting quality data for the site Quality metrics.
• Assist in gathering and reporting SQC/SPC data.
• Learn additional HQMS & SAP functions to be able to provide back-up for the QA department in entering HQMS actions, running HQMS reports, providing COAs, helping with material movements in SAP, etc.
• Provide support for nonconforming material investigations and customer complaints.