• Responsible for driving the successful delivery of regional L6S community benefits - in time and in full - in own region (25%).
• Acts as the line manager, coach and support for the Black Belts direct reports in the region. Provides on-going management, support and development towards Black Belt certification (25%).
• Leads complex, high-priority improvement projects, as directed by the Program Manager, to provide the right level of leadership on critical projects and initiatives (20%).
• Challenges the BU to continuously improve supported by newly to be developed tools and models that will enable BU ESD to learn and improve knowledge, engagement and use of L6S in daily activities (10%).
• Drive the deployment and continuous improvement of Nouryon’s Lean Six Sigma (L6S) program to develop a sustainable, long-term culture of continuous improvement and delivers on-going training for Black Belts (10%).
• Builds teamwork through engagement and aligns team members to reach BU goals and Company vision and values (10%).
Detail Responsibilities include:
- The job holder is responsible to deliver on annual L6S continuous improvement savings targets. This is to be obtained by active project pipeline management form ideation to closing of projects in planned time. MBB has track via short interval control deviations versus plan and follow it up with BB, Controlling or Champion. Significant deviations must be flagged in time and mitigation plans to be prepared.
- As line manager of BB Project Managers, the job holder is responsible in all aspects of people management (target setting and mid/end year evaluation vs targets, travel from approval to expense claim handling) and people development through weekly coaching to during L6S certification process, identification of training needs, giving challenging and diverse assignment to enable the BB Project Manager to be successful in his/her role, obtain BB certification and be prepare for next role.
- Lead assigned -complex or critical- projects him/herself to Champions satisfaction.
- Use BU and Nouryon’s network to stay on top of CI/L6S knowledge and proactive share own knowledge. Use tools and methods developed in other areas to the best for own BU. Build own expertise and develop new or existing tools further.
- Drive CI culture in own region by continuously interacting with site, plant, business/ functional managers & CIMs to see where and how L6S team can support (training, workshops, projects, tools, …).