Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
- Develop and maintain master production schedule for the site.
- Coordinate global Supply Chain Planning with the Operations Manager and Purchasing Department to insure proper resources are available. This planning includes all international MA production and blending sites.
- Contribute to sales forecasting activities in cooperation with Product Coordinator, business management, other plants and filling stations, and account managers and serve as liaison between the business and operations.
- Continuously optimize the demand chain and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain SAP master data to allow proper execution of the MRP and the sales and operations planning systems.
- Maintain effective administration of SAP through timely entries and daily review of (COGI).
- Supervise traffic clerks, including annual reviews.
- Facilitate Annual Quality Plan and related total quality management activities of the logistics department.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Battleground Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process
Quality Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Be familiar with sitewide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.