Delivery – provide expertise support to build plant/site line management of understanding of HSE processes
- Be an influential advisor to line management by building and fostering a deep understanding of the theoretical concepts, industry standards and best practices in one or more AkzoNobel safety Core Processes (people/process safety) and/or sub-processes (for example: behaviour based safety, industrial hygiene, hazard study, asset integrity, environmental management and distribution safety) as they are relevant to the site.
Results: Established and maintain HSE management system of site wise and fully implementation in all report units
Capability: Leverage HSE expertise to support own unit and others
- Tasks: Be an effective coach for the plant/site by leveraging and extending its HSE knowledge through personal participation in AkzoNobel expert pools for delivery of the Safety Common Platform, HSE Faculty learning programs, auditing and/or incident investigation and/or through training activities within the sit as well as through personal functional development.
- Provide content and development leadership related to site or network, have key role as an influential peer of site team, HSE network within AkzoNobel or outside company.
Results: HSE capability of self and team meets company expectation to deliver the HSE excellence.
Improvement: Act as a role model for compliance and commitment
- Tasks: Act a change agent for continuous improvement in the HSE standards, performance, capability and culture of the site in line with the AkzoNobel programs (Safety Common Platform);
- As liaison of change, take the HSE excellence projects initiated from BA/BU as well site identified.
- Maintain and further improve the relative HSE element, not limited to LSR, BBS, PSM, HSE SAQ, Security management system, Safety Standardization.
Results: site wise progress towards to ensure the realization of targeted maturity level of ALPS, BBS, PSM, SAQ, PSRA, Security management system, ISO management system.
Strategy: Contribute to the HSE strategy beyond own unit
- Contribute to support site development of the HSE&Q strategy for design, deployment and delivery of the AkzoNobel HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures and Safety Common Platform for the site at the next higher level, in order to ensure alignment of objectives and performance of the site.
- Be responsible for HSE internal and external communication to obtain the external permitting and support and make sure site compliance.
- Build and maintain a network of in- and external stakeholders/partners and represent the organization.
Results: Align of site/company HSE&Q strategy and obtain the support to site operating from local government and authorities to assume the HSE excellence in terms of project, statutory compliance, permit, authority support.