We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon- has an outstanding opportunity for an Operational Excellence Expert, Maintenance.
Nouryon is implementing ALPS (AkzoNobel Leading Performance System), ensuring company-wide standardized processes, a culture of continuous improvement, process-centric behaviours, Nouryon values and required capabilities. A key part of ALPS is designing and deploying World Class Maintenance. Deployment is ongoing; focus now is on supporting sites to realize value using ALPS processes and tools. Next step is development and deployment of world class Reliability standards. The position is part of the ALPS Deployment organization and will focus on Maintenance and Reliability. The position will support site personnel at all levels to implement and realize value; analysing current state, supporting action planning, coaching and challenging. Deployment and value realization requires frequent travel (estimated 70% of the time) mainly in the USA; possibly also into Canada, Mexico or Brazil. Sites will have varying maturity levels in maintenance processes and desired culture.
This is a remote position and needs to be located near a major airport. Houston, Chicago and Marietta are preferred locations.
- Participates in the design team of maintenance and reliability processes and methods. Does design work and aligns with team to ensure the overall package is complete in content and one package with one look and feel and one approach.
- Responsible for assessing the current state at site and developing and agreeing with site a deployment/improvement plan for the work processes, methods and tools; directly linked to value realization.
- Responsible for monitoring progress and providing immediate feedback and support to actors in the processes and line management in case of deviations from plan.
- Responsible for supporting, coaching, challenging and training the operational managers and employees on sites. This includes supporting them in the change process (change leadership). The site is accountable for implementing, the maintenance expert delivers expertise, motivates, energizes, guides, supports and challenges.
- Responsible for aligning with experts for other work streams in their team and feeding back valuable insights to the Operational Excellence Team Lead and Maintenance Lead.