We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Our Surface Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical manufacturers of surfactants, polymers and solvents, providing innovative surface chemistry technologies and solutions in industries such as agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
Nouryon Surface Chemistry - has an outstanding opportunity for a Site Controller.
• As a member of the site management team participates in the development and implementation of the site strategy. Contributes to the execution of manufacturing strategy for the site and achievement of financial objectives by monitoring, conducting financial analysis and providing forward looking management information aimed at improvement of the operational and financial effectiveness of the site. Works effectively together with a variety of stakeholders at the site and in the broader Nouryon organization.
• Safeguards core principles of Nouryon by delivering accurate financial reporting and financial and economic analysis
• Partners with the business on financial and economic topics and supports analysis of the results of the site and use this for proactive support and challenge and advice management (site leadership team, commercial teams, supply chain and ISC finance team) on financial and economics topics. This includes looking for opportunities to continuously improve and productivity improvement of the site.
• Provide accurate controlling activities in accordance with an up to date IFRS, FEM and BU guidelines.
• Works in close cooperation with the accounting department at the site with respect to the registration of transactions, flows of goods and money and other accounting entries in the accounting systems.
• Responsible for controlling activities for the legal entity in Mexico including more than one BU.
• Drives budget/Latest View process based on BU / ISC and Site plans, in collaboration with budget holders. Coordinates preparation of short term financial forecasts (costs, capex).
• Capex Investments - develops business cases for capex investments at the site. Coordinates and prepares application requests (ARs). Monitors project management, scope changes, variation orders and analyzes budget overruns. Conducts post implementation reviews on actual realization of business cases.
• InControl - prepares, administers and monitors site procedures. Responsible for follow-up of the internal audits performed by AUD and external financial audits. Coordinates the local “In Control” self-assessment activities on the basis of BU guidelines / instructions. Has a duty to properly observe and promulgate compliance with our code of conduct including working conditions and QHSE rules in a responsible and efficient manner.
• Member of Site Leadership team and responsible for management and development of the controlling team
• IM (IT focal point – SAP key user)
• Support for safety culture at the site