The task of the Category Manager is to carry out all commercial & strategic aspects of purchasing for the allocated portfolio of items. This allocation includes acting both as global lead buyer and regional buyer for specified BU and/or commodities. Position complies with the scope of the ISO standards and HSE principles. Working closely and in cooperation with all stakeholders (BU) functions, such as plant management, marketing & sales management, supply chain management, finance as well as BU management and where appropriately participate in regional management teams. In addition, position will work closely with category managers in Europe, US and the strategic purchasing analyst within the global purchasing group.
1) Develop and implement sourcing strategies for raw materials items. These strategies should be designed such that they support the identified business needs and are in line with the BU Purchasing strategy. This may be done directly or working in cross functional teams with others. The strategies are to be agreed by Business Management and Purchasing Management. (20%)
2) Build and maintain effective contacts with suppliers. Negotiates contracts and spot orders with approved suppliers. Total purchase value which purchaser is directly responsible will range between US $20-50 million per year. Drives cost reductions or risk mitigation projects. (30%)
3) Develop plans for the short-term and long-term supply security, and supplier position(s) for those materials. Source and select new suppliers in coordination with Sites, Technology, and R&D. (15%)
4) Initiate and/or participate in operational excellence & corrective action programs with a focus towards supplier performance or deviations from the terms of a contract (e.g. specifications, lead-time, volumes etc). Support the sites and business needs in case suppliers cannot meet requested performance. (15%)
5) Report on key performance indicators (KPIs) that have been set, in the format as agreed. For raw materials this happens via monthly report, quarterly report, saving tracker (WAVE), price forecast index, Strategic Sourcing Management (SSM), visit report and other formats. (10%)
6) Represent the BU both inside and outside Nouryon; build/maintain a network of business contacts in support of organizational objectives; conduct business in a responsible and ethical manner. (10%)