We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Coach and support operators to safely meet production/consumption targets. Takes ownership of unit performance.
Gives direction to production and Owns the operations plan
Provides technical expertise to operators, such as troubleshooting the equipment
Validates Duluth’s OAM database
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Required to work 50% of the time on a production line (BEA,WEA or HEA)
• Execute tasks according to Operations Plan and provide feedback on compliance
• Review and execute Operations Plan shift- by- shift
• Collect information needed to create Operations Plan
• Responsible for prioritized task list and screens other tasks for value add
• Creates, communicates, and owns Operations Plan including deviations and mitigations
• Collect and enter the production data into MES
• Establishes and owns the MACs that are used in the Operations Plan
• Owns the Expancel OAM database thresholds for ad-hoc RCPS/PGRs
• Manage the manning / manpower scheduling
• Facilitate and own the start and end of shift meetings
• Review operations plan and set targets for the shift
• Assign tasks to operators
• Support Ad-Hoc RCPS/PGR activities and ensure they are done and escalated if the problem can’t be solved within the shift.
• Utilize Gatekeeping matrix to determine if call-out is needed.
• Escalate PGRs to shift changeover meetings
There are no supervisory responsibilities normally associated with this position. However, the Lead Operator will take a hands-on leadership role to direct process operators and others working in the plant area.
• Share responsibility for the safe operation of the production plant during the work shift.
• Share responsibility for the safety of personnel working within the operating plant area and the environment.
• Share responsibility for serving on the Safety Committee and/or BBS Committee. Participate in the BBS program.
• Responsible for ensuring that safety policies and requirements are adhered to and maintained.
• Support, and/or execute all applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures during the work shift.
• Verify final product quality. The Process Operator has the authority to release product that conforms to customer specifications
• Shares responsibility for ensuring that required product quality is maintained
• Support and/or execute all applicable requirements for the Total Quality Program and Quality Assurance System
• Responsible for assisting management in making and implementing changes in the Total Quality Program and Quality Assurance System as requested