We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Senior Process Engineer
• Independently designs and executes organic synthesis experiments and interprets results. Skilled in classical organic chemistry and heterogeneous catalysis. Demonstrates dexterity in the laboratory.
• Prepares samples of new compounds and conducts process development for compounds of interest. Conducts experiments under high pressure. Analyzes compounds by wet chemical and instrumental methods, including nmr.
• Writes project safety checks and standard operating procedures.
• Interacts with other sites within the organization, including plants and other research centers. Travels domestically and internationally on a limited basis to participate in plant trials, conferences, and selected customer interactions as a technical representative.
• Maintains company safety standards in handling high toxic chemicals and lab operations, including pressurized reactions.
• Writes technical reports and makes presentations. Participates in drafting patent applications.
• Searches the chemical literature and interprets the results.
• Originates and develops ideas for new/improved processes and products routes.