Nouryon is world leader in the production of essential chemistry with operations in 80 countries and over 10,000 employees.
Our Polymer Chemistry Business Unit is one of the world’s leading producers of organic peroxides, metal alkyls, organometallic specialties and polymer additives for the thermoplastic, composite and rubber industries.
Production Engineer will work as a technical resource for operations to optimize plant operations while enabling safe and efficient production of quality products.
The ideal candidate would have the initiative to lead, willingness to drive solutions, desire to learn, and the inclination to contribute to the team by using multiple skill sets. This role provides technical resource to daily operations to maximize throughput while minimizing cost and downtime in a safe and compliant manner.
Production Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve plant targets for HSE, Quality, Delivery, Production and Cost.
- Conduct daily review of production unit to better understand the plant operation and stay engaged with daily activities. Maintain, own, and review daily KPIs, Performance Boards, and Process Trends to ensure optimum performance.
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
- Develop process improvements to effectively utilize equipment, material, and resource to maximize unit profitability.
- Diagnose and document root causes of deviations in the unit and improve operating discipline.
- Earn respect and trust of operations team through excellent problem solving skills and technical expertise.
- Ensure compliance with plant operating permits.
- Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards.
- Investigate problems, analyze root causes and drive solutions.
- Provide training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
- Respond urgently to unit issues and emergencies. Act as a unit technical expert during unplanned events and drive implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.