1. Purpose/Key objective of the position
The Regional Tolling Manager North Asia is responsible for the existing Tolling (Contract Manufacturing) in the region. He/She is the key contact point for the tollers and acts as Nouryon’s representative when managing relationships, contracts, price negotiations and performance management. He supports the business planning team in ensuring proper service levels, performances and capacities are available. He/She works with Tolling Engineers as they run projects for new tolling initiatives and takes over once projects are completed. He/She maintains a strategic overview of tolling risks, capacities, capabilities and business aspirations in the region.
2. Principal accountabilities
- Develop, execute and maintain regional tolling strategy to meet existing and future tolling needs for the business.
- Keeps an overview of the tolling set up in the region evaluating strategic alignment with business on the available tolling networks as well as future business needs
- Runs periodic risk assessment exercises with the internal stakeholders and comes up with tolling roadmap for risk mitigation
- Maintains good insight into the tolling capability and capacity in the market as well as keeps abreast of market changes that can impact tolling
- Maintains continuous improvement plans for the tolling network, focusing on performance improvement, capacity improvement as well as cost optimization
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with the tollers including setup and enforcement of contracts, in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Collaborates & coordinates with internal stakeholders for optimal management of tollers and risk associated including ensuring capacity availability and production performance
- Negotiates pricing with the tollers, develops clean sheets and maintains insights into the pricing strategies. Ensures SAP is updated with the correct pricing parameters and approves variances.
- Review tollers performance routinely with the tollers as well as internal stakeholders and develops corrective plans
- Together with Business Planning, maintains a medium to long term production plan and capacity evaluation at the tollers
- Organizes and leads audits of the tollers
Liaison & Project Support
- Actively supports new tolling initiatives lead by Tolling Engineers by identifying, negotiating and establishing contracts with new tollers
- Provides market intelligence for tolling options, capacities, capabilities and pricing strategies.
- Supports maintaining a tolling market intelligence database
- Liaises with internal functions for resolution of issues and performance management
- Supports Business Planning’s Site Management Reviews (SMRs) of Tolling Operations by ensuring alignment in business expectations with the tollers
- Coordinates internally and with the tollers to establish performance parameters. Evaluates the tollers against the performance and agrees action plans to bring in improvements
- Optimizes the Tolling supply chain as well as operational costs to deliver value to the business
- Establishes a continuous improvement mindset with the tolling partners with an aim to optimize performance for Nouryon
- Identifies and leads projects that help bring improvements in performance and costs related to tolling operations.
- Ensure best practices are implemented in the management of routine tolling operations
Works with all the tollers (Performance Formulations + Technology Solutions) in the North Asia region.
Job requirements, theoretical qualifications and practical experience
Bachelor’s/Academic Degree in Supply Chain Management or Materials Management or related with at least 5 years’ experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or Tolling
One (1+) years in Chemical Manufacturing preferred.
Lean Six Sigma Certifications a plus
Proven working knowledge of strategic sourcing, contracts management, negotiations, supplier management and operations planning
Leadership experience is preferred
Attributes: Self driven, result oriented, able to break down complexities and comfortable with uncertainties. Strong communication skills. Strategic thinking and relationship building.
Travel required up to 50%