Vacancy Senior Process Development Engineer
Are you the key player who is going strengthen Nouryon’s general technology competence related to the core technologies we use for producing ethylene oxide, ethanolamines, and ethyleneamines? Who will be at the forefront of developing technologies we use in our production sites in Ningbo (China) and Stenungsund (Sweden)? If so, then we are looking for you! In our Ethylene Amines Technology team, we have a vacancy for a:
Senior Process Development Engineer
Fulltime, location options Deventer, Netherlands or Gothenburg, Sweden
As Senior Process Development Engineer you play an active role in delivering improvements to the main process technologies used by the Ethylene Amines business. This includes work on pre-FEED and FEED stages of expansion projects (study, basic and detailed), conceptual process design on new technology, and process design evaluation by performing modelling activities to get data for design decisions.
Your responsibilities include as well:
- Drive work on pre-FEED and FEED stages of expansion projects (study, basic and detailed)
- Become future technology licensor for Ethylene Amines, Ethanol Amines and Ethylene Oxide technology, support project execution with technical know-how, including until CSU
- Be the process owner for a part of the technologies used and with time develop towards becoming the internal expert.
- Optimization of operating conditions and unit operation design, selection of unit operation for future implementation.
- Contribution to strategic innovation projects
- Support organization with process technology expertise
- Lead projects with high impact on production and business results
- Systematically contribute to increasing the competence level in the organizations
- Reporting of results and knowledge transfer inside and outside the technology team
The Ethylene Amines Technology team
The team is part of the Technology organization of Nouryon’s Performance Formulations business line. It covers the Ethylene Oxide and Ethylene Amines production processes. We drive the development of manufacturing processes and implementation of innovative solutions with the goal to meet market demand opportunities and optimize plant efficiency. Scope of work of the team includes growth projects (study phase to execution support) and problem solving for technological issues in existing plant operation.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position, you have demonstrated experience in process technology development, and bring at least 2 years company experience in a process technology development role. You are an expert in handling process data, translating process development questions into modelling work, and convert learnings into conceptual design. You are the coordinator who keeps the overview, but also participates in hands-on operational activities.
Next to this, you:
- Have at least a Masters degree in Chemical Engineering
- Have affinity with process modelling software such as Aspen Plus.
- Have a pragmatic working style
- Drive to find solutions to all kinds of problems, eager to pick up on study items pro-actively
- Have a flexible & agile mentality, and balance the need for detail with need for result within budget & time constraints
- Feel comfortable in a dynamic high pace, complex environment
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Are fluent in English (verbal and written)
You are expected to travel approx. 5 days a month to our production sites in Stenungsund, Sweden and Ningbo, China.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Senior Process Development Engineer?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via our online recruitment system. Please upload a job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded. When you are an internal candidate we kindly ask you to apply with your Nouryon email.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Michiel Raaijmakers, Ethylene Amines TM, +46 730 628 553
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact recruiter Paul Meester, +31-683708141 or email@example.com.
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
We are organized in three Businesses:
Performance Formulations focuses on business lines based on tailored performance that require a high level of customer intimacy, such as those for personal care and agriculture.
Technology Solutions includes business lines that are an integrated part of our customers’ processes, such as catalysts and additives for the polymer and pulp industries.
Industrial Chemicals encompasses our salt-chlorine value chain, which supplies end markets ranging from lightweight metals and plastics to pharmaceuticals.
Do not forget to follow us on Linkedin and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
The application process
After the closing date, we will start the selection process.
In our first selection we thoroughly go through all the applications. If your skills and qualifications match the profile we are looking for, you will be invited to an initial phone interview that takes approximately 30 minutes. If you proceed in our selection process we invite you to a face-to-face interview that takes about 1,5 hours. There you will meet with the the hiring manager.
We look forward to your application!
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.