The Project Engineer develops, executes, and manages projects. These include non-capital, capital, improvement and engineering projects, or parts of projects, as requested by the Site Manager. The professional function in the areas of mechanical, reliability and project engineering.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and inspection of plant equipment.
- Functional knowledge in local codes/standards, permitting and construction management.
- Executes applicable Nouryon policies, guidelines, processes, methodologies, working methods and systems.
- Drives knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices).
- Design, make technical specifications and execute technical modifications.
- Updating and implementing technical improvements to equipment design and repair methods.
- Understand and assist with upkeep of process safety information and defined parts of process safety management.
- Provide troubleshooting and ad-hoc RCPS support to operating units on equipment including emergency work reviews.
- Facilitate disciplined and systematic equipment maintenance strategy (PM Strategy) development efforts by using criticality assessments and FMEA sessions.
- Owner of Maintenance Reliability Management (MRM) process.
- Provide production equipment reliability expertise.
- Drive continuous improvement of equipment reliability and continuous reduction of maintenance cost by systematic elimination of bad actors and root causes for failures using analysis of historical trends and KPI data.
- Accountable for MRM’s standards of best practice are developed and kept up to date (e.g. documented FMEA, inspections and SWS’s) in SAP, digital files and/or paper file archive.
- Perform monthly bad actor analysis; establish proposals for bad actors to be eliminated in month to come.
- Drive plant reliability improvements by organizing and facilitating root cause problem solving workshops for identified bad actors, maintenance data, equipment work histories, documented procedures or incidents triggered by inspections.
- Execute deep analysis (Six sigma tools/statistical tools) of failures to identify trends, identify common failure mechanisms and causes and perform root cause analysis on this.
- Responsible for project scope definition, siting study and data analysis, as needed to meet business, manufacturing, or regulatory requirements.
- Organize and execute projects: prepare Basic Engineering Packages, preliminary and detailed cost estimates, select a project team, schedule activities, report project progress, lead commissioning and start-up
- Follow Nouryon External Spend Policy in cooperation with Site NPR-buyer.
- Do or support selection of engineering contractors for detail engineering.
- Ensure project is designed in accordance with all applicable codes, standards and permits.
- Do or support election and management of construction contractors and construction staff.
- Initiate and complete equipment changes as well as support others with fact preparation in MOC process including maintain P&ID, update MES and SAP Functional Location structure
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or relevant field.
- 3-5 years of leading projects.
- Experience from mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience with Six Sigma Methodology is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead and deliver projects within scope, timeline, and budget.
- Ability to creatively solve problems while maintaining a timely and cost-effective approach using statistical analysis tools to make decisions and take actions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with clear prioritization and organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization (employees, managers, contractors) and able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced level computer skills (i.e. spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, SAP system) to prepare statistical reports.
- Physical demands: Must be able to access all areas of site and operate in extreme temperatures and environmental conditions.