The Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSE&S) Manager ensures the site is compliant with all corporate standards and guidelines, and federal and state regulations. The Manager drives continuous improvement within HSE&S, sustainability, and safety process
- Lead development of HSE&S objectives and execution of SIP, in alignment with Corporate HSE&S strategy and Sustainability programs.
- As a member of the site management team, act as change agent for HSE&S culture and continuous improvement to ensure optimized HSE&S performance of the site
- Owner of the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program.
- Role model through acting as BBS facilitator and Champion in 5S to ensure compliance/commitment with HSE&S policy and procedures; demonstrate best practice by going to Gemba to understand and support operational discipline.
- Act as an effective coach/trainer for the Site by leveraging and extending its HSE knowledge through personal participation in HSE networks for delivery of the Safety Common Platform, HSE faculty learning programs, auditing, incident investigation, and through training activities within the Site as well as through personal functional development,
- Act as internal consultant formulate and present possible solution directions for non-standard HSE&S questions not captured in procedures.
- Participate in Corporate HSE&S arrangements and contribute as requested.
- Drive sustainability initiatives and projects for the site.
- Conduct incident investigations and develop sustainable corrective actions.
- Owner of HSE&S Management system.
- Act as the Responsible Care Management representative and lead Management review process.
- Guide Site management to develop and ensure implementation of HSE&S policies, processes, procedures, instructions/SWS, and practices for the Site in line with the corporate HSE&S Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures and in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, ANSI, or other safety compliance standards as applicable.
- Serve as a liaison for external and internal audits, inspections and agencies as well as ensure safety inspections, hazard analysis, and appropriate reports are completed.
- Interacts professionally with off-site authorities such as Water / Environment / Health and Safety bodies.
- Responsible for ensuring safety materials available on site.
Process Safety Management
- Owner of Management of Change process.
- Owner of process hazard analysis (HAZOP / SIL) and periodic review of risk analysis including conducting PHA’s as facilitator.
- Owner of process safety programs, to ensure the right level of process safety standards in relation to relevant legislation as well as Nouryon's internal standards and guidelines.
- Maintain Process Safety Competence including knowledge of process safety for the processes on site, necessary trainings at site and is aware of when external help should be sought.
- Is the first point of contact for process aspects of Process Safety related issues (Area Classification, SIL etc.), has a strong knowledge of process safety for the processes on site and is aware of when external help should be sought.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- At least Five (5) Years of experience with HSE&S function preferably in a chemical plant environment.
- Relevant experience as a Leader of Hazard Study and Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Strong leadership and change leadership qualifications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good organizational and analytical skills, able to manage a complex organizational environment (internally and externally)
- Significantly contributes to several specific areas of HSE agenda 2 - 4 years ahead (i.e. process safety, environmental liability)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Physical demands: Must be able to access all areas of site that include exposure to extreme temperatures and environmental conditions.