This position reports to the Site Director and is responsible for the management of production employees and chemical processes to meet production requirements and utilize manpower and equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the management of production personnel to meet production requirements and to support business objectives.
- Manage all production personnel to meet production and scheduling requirements.
- Ensure chemical processes are run safely and efficiently.
- Training (new processes, new employees, skills upgrade, SOPs) of new and existing production employees.
II. Responsible for the production schedule and inventory control to utilize manpower and equipment in the most efficient and safe manner.
- Includes utilization of storage space and managing inventories (finished goods, raw materials, containers)
- Monitor and control plant supplies and overtime.
II. Provide technical support for process improvements and new processes.
- Solve problems related to raw materials, equipment, scheduling, and process conditions.
- Process optimization and process improvement projects.
- Technical support of new and existing processes/products.
- Administration of standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Manage contract (toll) process improvement processes as required.
IV. Responsible for HSES activities within production department.
- Responsible for safety training of production employees and adherence to appropriate codes and standards.
- Participate in the activities and processes to drive HSES initiatives.
- Participate in and support the site behavior-based safety process (CACTUS) to eliminate injuries, promote safe behavior, reduce exposure, and manage risk.
- Promote good housekeeping standards in plant.
- Participate as needed in injury and incident investigations.
- Ensure compliance with HSES requirements, directives, procedures, and standards including Product Safety and Stewardship.
V. Interface with customers as required including coordination of toll manufacturing projects.
- Analyze fit and cost effectiveness for toll manufacturing activities to support business objectives.
- Manage toll projects as required to support business objectives.
- Participate in customer related activities that support business objectives.
SAP, Microsoft Office, Delta V, MES
Employee must be able to work in plant and office environments.
Travel as required.
Plant, Warehouse, Office
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.