The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance, reliability, and asset integrity processes of the plant; ensuring that all contractors work in a safe and cost-effective manner. This position will be on-call to perform work on an as-needed basis.
- Ensuring technical content of maintenance procedures reflects world class best practices.
- Provides technical support to optimize PM’s, such as risk-based inspection plans.
- Provides technical support to perform equipment criticality analysis.
- Lead teams in Root Cause Analysis to determine root causes and develop corrective actions and put permanent improvements in place.
- Review work order request, confer with requestor and evaluate work order material and labor requirements, using Computerized Management System.
- Order and maintain materials for maintenance.
- Assure work order has approval and authority.
- Schedule maintenance labor and material with open or incomplete work orders and coordinate with production.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as the process dictates, like replacing valves and actuators.
- Calibrate and repair field instruments.
- Perform mechanical repairs, such as replacing mechanical seals.
Education and Experience
- Experienced in Electrical/Instrumentation/Mechanical systems and/or Chemical systems.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the areas of Maintenance and Reliability in a manufacturing site.
- Forklift license preferred.
- Welding experience preferred.
- SAP, MES/EPI, and Delta V preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be on call to respond to operational maintenance issues.
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks, troubleshoot problems, order parts, and will have to coordinate and work with outside contractors.
- Ability to work as a team player in a high involvement work team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to use a full mask respirator.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemicals in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. This includes paid vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, and a generous retirement savings plan in which the Company matches employee contributions at 100% on the first 6% of pay and makes an additional 3%+ service-based contribution.
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.