Career Opportunity: Accounting Specialist II Req. #4850
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for an Accounting Specialist II in Houston, TX.
The Accounting Specialist II is responsible for the Management of annual external audit of US components. The main responsibility is to keep the audit on track by making sure that requested supporting documents and control evidence is complete and submitted by deadline. Coordination and communication between auditors and requestees and their supervisors. Management of the audit goes beyond communication and coordination and requires direct involvement when needed in providing reports, supporting documentation, explanation of transactions and accounting processes.
Primary point of contact with external auditors throughout the audit. Assist/lead projects in the region. Manage the property tax reporting process with third parties and leads the process of centralization to the US RAC. Lead the unclaimed property process for the Americas regional accounting center with third party service provider.
- Keep the audit on track by making sure that requested supporting documents and control evidence is complete and submitted timely.
- To accomplish this involves constant communication and coordination between the auditors and requestees and their supervisors.
- Management of the audit goes beyond communication and coordination and requires direct involvement when needed in providing reports, supporting documentation, explanation of transactions and accounting processes.
- Will be the primary point of contact with external auditors throughout the audit. Co-ordination is needed with the US and Mexico.
- A significant amount of time is spent coordinating with the businesses and the functions (Customer Service, RAC, Finance, HR, etc.) within Nouryon.
- Keep management informed on the status of the audit and any potential or actual issues that may affect its progress.
- Work closely with business partners to understand the activities of the business, processes and determine proper accounting of financial activities.
- Execute financial reports with appropriate due diligence and as prescribed in the Financial & Economic Manual.
- Manage Nouryon’ s third party real estate and personal property tax compliance provider (“RPTPP”) to file annual property tax renditions by deadline and make payments accordingly.
- Manage the unclaimed property reporting process with third party provider to meet deadlines for returns and payments.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, preferred
- Project Management experience, preferred
- Working experience with unclaimed property and property tax
- Working experience with management of third-party providers
- 8+ years of experience in operational accounting and financial reporting
- Very good knowledge of Accounting in ERP Systems and SAP, required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High-level proficiency in Excel
- Strong analytical skills, accurate with an attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized and prepared
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Results-oriented with a focus on service delivery
- Team player
- Ability to build relationships with customers/stakeholders in a multi-national environment
- Strong understanding of general accounting principles: US GAAP and/or IFRS SOX knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet strict deadlines and manage pressure
- Overtime may be required during month end close, tax deadlines and other critical projects
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*