The Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the provisioning of IT Infrastructure Services, and a fit-for-purpose and continuous improving infrastructure in a region. This position will focus specifically on the wired and wireless network infrastructure. The professional will manage the infrastructure services within IT Services including the delivery from suppliers.
- Manage the wired and wireless network infrastructure – switches, routers, wireless controllers, and access points.
- Perform, review, and evaluate network performance results and escalate recommendations for review and approval.
- Configure, install, and uninstall routers, switches, and access points.
- Ensure IT Service Management (ITSM) compliance for Infrastructure services in the region.
- Provide network services for maintaining viability, operating, and improving the standard IT enterprise including network, voice, and application hosting with major emphasis on incident and problem resolution for core network operations infrastructure, including break/fix support.
- Mitigates service risks proactively and uses an Early Warning System to ensure service success based on a clearly defined set of criteria.
- Ensure that all Service Management processes, Operational Level Agreements and Underpinning Contracts are implemented. Pro-actively Monitors and reports on service levels.
- Ensure and participate in (self-developed) monitoring of infrastructure performance and proactively (and reactively) address risks and (upcoming) issues.
- Provide first level response and repair to alert conditions such as outages, failures, over runtimes, shutdowns, and disaster recovery.
- Participate in Security and Risk Management including Access Control, SOX, and Audits.
- Implements and / or coordinates required changes to the (configuration of) the infrastructure when required and agreed.
- Conducts conference call meetings/ Incident war-room to resolve critical incidents.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years operational experience in IT Infrastructure support.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Local Area Networks (Cisco, Aruba).
- Cisco Certification CCNA or CCNP preferred.
- Experience managing wireless network infrastructure, Aruba expertise highly preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols, DNS, DHCP, SD-WAN, IP Sec VPN and MPLS.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Wide Area Networks.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Office infrastructure (incl. server room maintenance, printers, PBX and IPT telephony systems).
- Proficient in Technical design skills.
- Exellent written and verbal communication skills.