The Front Desk Administrative Assistant will support our growing office in Houston, TX (Energy Corridor). This is a contract role with the potential for long term for the successful candidate. The Assistant will function in a multifaceted and busy multi-tasking position that supports our office and acts as a gatekeeper. This individual will allow access to other employees, answer phones, transfer calls, schedule appointments, answer questions, give directions and manage the flow of traffic in the office and greets anyone who enters the building.
- Answer all incoming phone call and transfer calls accurately, politely, and in a timely manner using Cisco software.
- Greet visitors courteously, answer any questions they may have, and notify their contacts of their arrival.
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Order office supplies as directed and restock supply rooms.
- Always maintain a warm atmosphere for visitors and interact professionally.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Minimum of three years functioning in an administrative assistant type function.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. This includes frequent use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Teams.
- Strong communication, listening skills.
- High degree of professionalism (always using care and discretion).
- Strong work ethic and highly organized; ability to manage multiple, competing priorities; able to handle pressure well and take direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain good working relationships and work productively with others in a team environment.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Proficient Computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Adobe a plus).