Career Opportunity: International Logistics Specialist – North America - Req. #5231
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a International Logistics Specialist – North America in Houston, TX.
- Perform all transportation planning, executing, and monitoring for their transportation modes according to defined processes.
- Conduct transportation planning activities including capacity planning, shipment and fleet planning, carrier selection, routing, scheduling, tendering, and load building.
- Conduct transportation booking activities.
- Complete shipping documentation and coordinate with site logistics to execute shipments and gather necessary documentation.
- Monitor shipments and resolve exceptions as they arise.
- Track and monitor logistics provider, customer, and organization logistics KPIs and cost performance.
- Support freight cost payment, management, and invoicing.
- Develop performance reports for review with their Logistics Team Lead.
- Maintain relationships with logistics providers, supporting their Logistics Team Lead.
- Identify frequency and cause of service failures and work with their Logistics Team Lead to develop plans to identify solutions.
- Support acquisition of transport capacity including spot booking.
- Support process improvement efforts as directed by their Logistics Team Lead.
- Lead and model Nouryon Values to include driving code of conduct compliance at all times.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in and establishing import/export compliance document review with international responsibilities.
- Experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Experience managing and working with Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Possess multicultural awareness and business maturity.
- Good communication and organization skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- SAP order to invoice experience strongly preferred.
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*