Career Opportunity: Logistics Specialist II Job Req#5170
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Logistics Specialist II in Houston, TX.
- Responsible for planning, executing, and monitoring rail transportation for Nouryon ensuring adherence to processes and ensuring compliance with Nouryon policies and procedures.
- Utilize SAP and third-party preparation (Intellitrans), to track and trace railcar activities and take appropriate action to resolve issues when necessary.
- Ensure all logistics activities are performed in keeping with logistics objectives and at the most optimal cost and customer service level
- Ensure timely planning, execution, and monitoring of all shipments to ensure customer service needs are met
- Support implementation of process improvement and cost reduction measures to drive operational efficiency and service
- Maintain and monitor KPIs, identifying and implementing improvements where needed
- Manage relationships with plant operations, customer service, and planning
- Communicate performance updates to rail team lead, progress of improvement initiatives, and challenges to rail team lead on an ongoing, proactive basis
- Coordinate with logistics and business leaders to ensure that performance is aligned with organizational needs
- Coordinate with operations to develop forecasts of modal transportation volume
- Lead and model Nouryon Values to include driving code of conduct compliance at all times
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field from 4-Year accredited college or university. Experience in Lieu of degree
- Minimum 3-8 years’ experience in logistics / supply chain / customer service. Experience with chemical companies is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience in managing logistics activities
- Experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives aimed at reducing cost and / or improving service level
- Experience with carrier relationship management and performance evaluations
- Strong understanding of the modal transport market
- Strong working knowledge and history of using computers and programs specific to logistics (SAP, TMS, Intellitrans, railinc, railroads websites) and to general business management (MS Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and quickly develop a solution
- Ability to make effective decisions based on data available while setting a clear path forward
- Ability to develop and execute operational goals
- Strong analytical skills and abilities
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels and functions within the organization, including global team members / third parties
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*