Career Opportunity: Regional Demand Supply Planner, Renewable Fibers and Specialty Fibers – North America Req. #5116
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Regional Demand Supply Planner, Renewable Fibers and Specialty Oxidants – North America in Houston, TX.
The purpose of the Regional Demand & Supply Planner is for the management and maintenance of the demand input and the supply plan to determine the lowest/most efficient source of supply to balance customer demand, production and logistics capacities and raw materials requirements to ensure orders are fulfilled as required for their responsible area that is approved through the Supply Management Review process. They will determine the stock replenishment strategy and manage the inventory targets for the business line by ensuring effective translation of demand inputs (forecast and sales orders) into an achievable plan for their product group. The role will focus on increasing the efficiency of the supply chain through targeted replenishment parameters and associated KPIs to ensure product is available to meet the sales plan, while minimizing operational costs.
- Develop Mid and Short Term Demand & Supply Plan to regional sites using Rough Cut Capacity Planning to validate capabilities
- Initiate and execute short and medium term supply optimization from given customer demand and plant cost and capacity structure and communicate to the organization.
- Develop and provide plants with weekly/monthly demand & supply plan
- Evaluate business opportunities with the help of an optimization tool
- Develop and ensure that inventory stocking policies are followed for produced products or trade goods down to SKU level including safety stock levels and order quantities.
- Manage the demand input, continuously analyze and refresh Final Demand plan.
- Coordinate the execution of the supply plan with responsible ISC Organization, effectively managing any exceptions with demand forecasts
- Work collaboratively with the ISC Organization to ensure key assumptions on anticipated production capabilities are reflected within the forecasts
- Actively communicate situation on blocked stock to the ISC organization
- Inventory Segmentation and Network Optimization Models:
- Determine the most appropriate inventory replenishment models that balance service, cost, and inventory based on the objectives of the business using Arkieva Inventory Module
- Supports preparation and facilitation of Regional Supply Reviews
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of the planning function and, after consultation the IBP Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline
- Highly proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Access; SharePoint)
- Very good English communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation, trending and forecasting)
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate with all functional levels within the business
- Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system), Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) or Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software) is preferred
- Solid understanding of supply chain and business processes
- Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects with little direction
- Process driven attitude and results-orientated
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is preferred
- To be willing to travel (approx. 10% Regional or Global)
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*