Career Opportunity: Supply Planner Req. #5015
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Supply Planner in Houston, TX.
The SBU’s Supply Managers are responsible for running the monthly Supply-planning process, translate the demand- and capacity-situation into planning strategies and to work out appropriate planning parameters together with schedulers/tolling coordinators to meet customer demand and optimize inventory and capacity utilization.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the monthly updated Supply Plan for SCNA (Getting capacity info, run and analyze Arkieva capacity scenarios, prepare supply reports, execute, and document Supply Meetings)
- Translates demand and capacity situation into strategies for scheduling and keeps SAP-master data updated to reflect the strategy and plan
- Work out planning control-parameters for scheduling/tolling together with site schedulers and tolling coordinators and keep SAP-master data updated
- Coordinate schedulers, tolling coordinators, logistics, and sales/csr to resolve availability issues that have been escalated
- Follow-up and implement actions to improve inventory, as well as delivery performance
- Proposes improvements to the supply planning and scheduling processes
- Works primarily with specific designated Sites but is also the back up for other Demand/Supply Managers
- Participates in different improvement-projects, sBU and/or BU-related
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in SCM, Logistics or Materials Management
- Three (3) years experience in Logistics or Planning, required
- One (1+) years experience in Chemical Manufacturing, preferred
- CPIM and Six Sigma Certifications a plus
- Proven working knowledge of material usage, transportation, logistics and planning systems
- Experience leading and managing teams, preferred
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*