Career Opportunity: Transportation and Distribution Safety Lead – North America Req. #5078
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Transportation and Distribution Safety Lead – North America in Houston, TX.
The purpose of this role is to ensure safe, legal and secure transport of Nouryon materials within, to and from the Americas in accordance with domestic and international transport regulations (DOT and international transport regulations) including but not limited to 49CFR, TDG Canada, IATA/ICAO, IMDG, SCT Mexico, ADR European Road transport regulations and U.S. national modal transport requirements (U.S. AAR M-1002, Interchange rules, HM STCC; NMFC, etc.).
Act as a transport regulatory compliance resource for Nouryon in the Americas Region.
Conduct various on-site trainings, audits, reviews to support our overall HSE goals and objectives aligned to transport & distribution activity.
- Conduct period safe handling of metal alkyls, HPMO and organic peroxides to ocean carriers
- Conduct periodic TDG Canada ERAP training for certain organic peroxides (customer, contractor, government).
- Conduct Nouryon U.S. CHEMTREC communications.
- Provide support for Nouryon U.S. site(s) for DHS CISA CFATS compliance.
- Support Nouryon Americas Regional Service center personnel to ensure compliance with domestic and international transport regulations.
- Support Nouryon business and Industrial Supply Chain (ISC) personnel to ensure operations are compliant with Transport regulations.
- Work with Nouryon Americas sites and periodically conduct internal compliance inspection(s) to verify transport compliance and if necessary, implement action plan for any correction activity.
- Work with transport service providers to audit their practices and adherence to our safety protocols. Create means of report out and trend data for these results over time.
- Identify potential transportation operation activities that could have significant reputation damaging impact to Nouryon.
- Work with business, ISC, Logistics and Legal personnel to address these issues to reduce such exposure.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics, Accounting, or related field from 4-year accredited college or university or 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Transportation operations and logistics experience and day-to-day working knowledge of DOT regulations and site loading/unloading requirements by rack
- Knowledgeable of a variety of package types (samples, bags, boxes, drums, IBCs, portable tanks, isotanks, cargo tanks, rail tank cars) and regulatory compliance issues specific to modes of transport.
- Ability to promptly identify and address area of concerns and provide corrective action while enabling continued safe and legal transport of our materials.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*