Career Opportunity: Chemist Req. #5012
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Chemist position in Lima, OH (USA).
- Test all products to be shipped for conformity to specification and test routine and not routine samples as needed including but not limited to: NaCN scrubber, ammonia, Biosump, raw materials, etc. in support of operations and HSE.
- Act as an Internal ISO Auditor (Lead).
- Assist in the development/implementation of new experimental test procedures.
- Responsible for preparing special samples for shipment to customers.
- Enter lab data into SAP and Excel Workbooks, and when necessary data from the Process Lab and maintain standard laboratory records and notebooks for non-routine work.
- Interface with other stakeholders to disseminate results, when necessary.
- Calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment.
- Ensure reagents, testing solutions, laboratory supplies, sample shipping supplies, etc. for QC and Process labs, are ordered/prepared and available for use.
- Ensure all equipment in the Process Lab is maintained and in good working condition.
- Train and audit Operators on sampling, quality testing and analysis and assist as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, required.
- Proficient knowledge and ability to operate computers.
- Strong math skills.
- Excellent lab technique for Quantitative Analysis.
- Working knowledge of Gas Chromatograph (GC), Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), pH meters, balances, titrators, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and other sophisticated analytical equipment.
- Work safely in a lab.
- Excellent time-management, analytical and communication skills.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status*